How To Be A Blogger

Writing a blog. It's a fun thing to do. People always ask me how to start a blog, but it's actually pretty simple. If you have a c...

Writing a blog. It's a fun thing to do. People always ask me how to start a blog, but it's actually pretty simple. If you have a creative mind and lots of time on hands, why not start a blog? I like to think, but I don't like to keep my thoughts to myself. That's the reason I blog to share my random thoughts on life, fashion and other boring stuff.

    1. Decide what you're gonna blog about.
First things first. What are you going blog about? There are so many choices to choose from. You could go down the Susanna Lau (Style Bubble) and Tavi Gevinson (Style Rookie) route and be a fashion blogger or go down the Zoe Sugg (Zoella) and be a beauty blogger. You can also music blogger, book blogger, lifestyle blogger- you can blog about anything you like!

    2. Pick a platform.
Picking a platform to blog from could be the hardest thing to do. When I started blogging, I didn't really know other blogging platforms except Blogger. Luckily because of me you now know. there's so many blogging platforms to choose from. You have the ever so popular, Blogger. It's really good if you like to meddle around with HTML or CSS. You have Wordpress, another popular blogging platform. I've never used it but I hear that their blog templates look amazing! Then there's Tumblr. I think everyone has heard of this! Heck! I spend more time on Tumblr than I do on homework! Those are my favourite blogging platforms and possible the best choices.

   3. Get blogging!
You only live once, so get blogging already! I remember writing my first post. I had no idea what I was doing. Inspiration is basically what's been getting me through the years, Everyone's first blog post lives on with them forever. Here's a post done by Refinery 29 about fashion bloggers' first blog post. LINK

Hope I helped one of you future bloggers! When someone asks you 'who made you want to be a blogger' you can now proudly say Arabelle Akinfe. You're welcome :)

Arabelle Akinfe

You Might Also Like

2 comments