In Birthdays random

Why I Hate My Birthday

I hate my birthday. I know I sound like a really lame party-pooper who hates celebrating things. But hear me out. It's not even about getting older, I don't care about that. It's the fact that there is a whole day for me that puts me in my sad, depressed state.

I don't like doing something for my birthday because that will mean all the attention will probably be on me. Which I honestly hate! This may be hard to believe since I have a blog where the attention is constantly on me, but in real life I hate it! Every since I was a little kid, I'll have parties at restaurants. My least favourite part about having parties at restaurants is that they eventually come out with a cake or something, signing happy birthday to you. Which I find incredibly awkward and embarrassing. So embarrassing that when I was 9 years old, I cried when they sang to me. I'm still pretty certain that everybody present at the party thought they were 'tears of joy'.

I hate presents. Okay, well maybe I don't hate presents. I just always feel guilty about making someone spend money on me or even go to the trouble to think 'what would Arabelle like'. If we're being honest here, all I've ever wanted for my birthday was for someone to ask me what I wanted for my birthday. Everybody always seems to guess what I want. When I was 11 years old I really wanted  a bike. A pink Barbie bike with tassels at the side of the handles and a pink basket in front to be precise. I told my parents that I wanted it though, because they never asked me. I would just talk about the bike ALL THE TIME. And guess what?! I never got it. Till this day I will never know how it feels to be riding down a street with yours friends like the girls in the film Now And Then.

March is going by so fast and in a few days it will be birthday. I will be fifteen. I will hate it. Hopefully one day this will change and I'll be excited for my birthday like a normal teenager.

Hope you enjoy this little rant post about why I hate my birthday. I know it's weird to hate this holiday(?) but I just do, because I'm weird. Peace from the Middle East,

Arabelle Akinfe

Related Articles