Skip to main content

Reaching my peak

I've come to realise that I may have reached my peak. Well, my writing peak. See when I blogged every day I truly think I was a better writer. I was writing for myself (and the few annoying people that chose to read it in secondary school). Now I feel like I have so much pressure to be good at writing and I suck at it. Especially now that my university lecturer in journalism has made it mandatory for us to write a blog. See, when someone makes something mandatory, you do not want to do. I probably wouldn't even be able to write this blog post without Grammarly. It's like somehow along the way I forgot how grammar and spelling worked and now Grammarly is highlighting every word I write. This is probably an issue for most of Generation Z. With our iPhones autocorrecting everything we write, what's the point of writing something well. 

After reading an old review Tavi Gevinson did on the book 'The Virgin Suicides', it's inspired me to start writing again. It's insane how effortlessly talented she is at writing. She made just a plain old book review sound like a magical thing to me. As if I was in the book's settings as Tavi Gevinson read out the words. It would be a dream to be as talented as her. However, I believe I was close to being that talented when I was writing for fun. My head has concluded that if I write more on my blog again, perhaps I'll be able to be as good as Tavi Gevinson. However, another role plays a part in Tavi Gevinson's great writing. Reading. Tavi Gevinson reads a lot. I always get embarrassed when someone asks me if I read books, mainly because of the type of books I not only read but obsess over. While the sophisticated Miss Gevinson dives into a smart piece of literature, I like to indulge myself in adult romance books with steamy sex scenes. I'm the women that other women make fun of. The type of lady that has 'Feminist' in her Twitter bio but also enjoys relaxing in a bath reading a book about submission (I would like to point out that I have never read a book about submission, that was just an example). Since it's quarantine, I might give one of the classics a read but I will truly miss my steamy sex scenes with Atlas Corrigan (If you know this character, let's be best friends!)

Bye!

April 2020

Comments